- Make the Sign of the Cross with the crucifix and pray the Apostles’ Creed.
- Pray the Lord’s Prayer on the first large bead.
- Pray a Hail Mary on the next three beads.
- On the next large bead, pray the Prayer of Praise,
- Choose the mystery set you will pray.
- Recall the first mystery, and say the Lord’s Prayer.
- Pray a Hail Mary on the next ten beads. This completes one decade.
- Follow this pattern for the next four decades, recalling a mystery on each of the large beads between the decades.
- End by making the Sign of the Cross with the crucifix.
Joyful Mysteries – Jesus’ Infancy and Childhood
1. Mary is told she will be the mother of Jesus. (The Annunciation)
2. Mary visits her cousin Elizabeth. (The Visitation)
3. Mary gives birth to Jesus.
4. Jesus is presented in the Temple. (The Presentation)
5. Jesus is found in the Temple.
Luminous Mysteries Jesus’ Public Ministry
1. Jesus is baptized in the Jordan River.
2. Jesus performs his first miracle at the wedding at Cana.
3. Jesus proclaims the Kingdom of God and calls us to conversion.
4. Jesus is transformed before Peter, John, and James on Mount Tabor. (The Transfiguration)
5. Jesus institutes the Eucharist at the Last Supper.
Sorrowful Mysteries Jesus’ Passion and Death
1. Jesus suffers his agony in the Garden.
2. Jesus is scourged at the pillar.
3. Jesus is crowned with thorns.
4. Jesus carries bis Cross to Calvary.
5. Jesus dies on the Cross.
Glorious Mysteries The Glory of Jesus and Mary
1. Jesus rises from the dead. (The Resurrection)
2. Jesus ascends into Heaven. (The Ascension)
3. Jesus sends the Holy Spirit.
4. Mary is assumed into Heaven. (The Assumption)
5. Mary is crowned Queen of Heaven.