1. Life and Dignity of the Human Person All human life is sacred. Morality is based on the dignity of the human person.
2. Call to Family, Community, and Participation People have both the right and the duty to participate in society—to seek the good and well-being of all.
3. Rights and Responsibilities Every person has a right to life and those things that are necessary to life. Every person also has responsibilities to others— to family and to society.
4. Option for the Poor and Vulnerable The story of the Last Judgment (Matthew 25:31 -46) tells us to put the needs of the poor and vulnerable first.
5. The Dignity of Work and the Rights of Workers Work is a way to participate in God’s creation. Workers have rights—to productive work and fair wages, to organize and join unions, to private property, and to economic initiative.
6. Solidarity We are one human family, whatever our national, racial, ethnic, economic, and ideological differences.